Reflexology, An Alternative Therapy

 

Reflexology doesn’t make any claims to cure, nor replace medical treatments. It is a means to help restore balance to the mind and body. Around 70% of all diseases and conditions are caused by stress responses within the body. The other 30% being caused by viruses, bacteria and genetics.

Reflexology is an ancient practice that works on the theory that reflex points situated on the feet, hands and face correlate to specific parts of the body similar to acupuncture. By stimulating the nerve endings in a particular sequence the practitioner may feel crystallised deposits, these are calcified uric acid that haven’t been broken down by the body. Uric acid is produced in higher amounts as part of the inflammatory process. These crystals inhibit the essential flow of blood and lymphatic back to organs and other parts of the body. Much like a river, energy and blood need to flow freely and fully through the bodies system to make it work as optimally as possible, otherwise it will stagnate, and silting will occur. The location of these deposits indicate any areas that may be causing issues such as, Under-active thyroid, sinus blockage and digestive matters. 

The Practitioner will then work further on the specific area as required. Reflexology helps to optimise the bodies circulation and removal of toxins via the lymphatic system. 

It is a deeply relaxing treatment so it also helps to reduce stress response in the body and mind thus lowering the levels of cortisol in the bloodstream, reducing inflammation and evoking better sleep quality. 

pexels-photo-356053.jpeg

Research has indicated that Reflexology to be particularly useful for the following:

  • Reducing stress and anxiety

  • Improving sleep and energy levels

  • Improving fertility

  • Reducing pain and inflammation in chronic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and sciatica

  • Regulating hormones and PCOS

  • Calming digestive disorders

Whole body health improvement relies on a holistic approach, so in conjunction with treatments it is also necessary to look at ways to lower stress, eat a healthy balanced diet and take regular exercise. 

Email: louis@louisfalconerreflexology.co.uk

Phone: 07766 145340 

www.louisfalconerreflexology.co.uk