Choosing Colours & Styles This Winter
Not sure what should be hanging in your closet this Winter? We caught up with stylist Ali Rigden-Gray to get her top tips.
1. Invest in your neutrals as these will form the backbone of your wardrobe and can be used with pops of colour to create a versatile capsule wardrobe. The lighter the colour the better the quality must be.
2. Feel bold and youthful with reds. As the hottest colour for the winter, reds make us feel brave and playful and everyone looks good in true red. Choose a colourful red coat to brighten neutrals, or opt for a red accessory like a handbag if you’re wanting to introduce bold colours more gradually.
3. The power of purple. Ultraviolet – The colour of 2018 announced by The Pantone Colour Institute. It has been associated with wealth and royalty for centuries. There are a huge range of purples and everyone can find the right one for them, Autumns and Winters will look gorgeous in Ultraviolet, whilst Springs need a warmer, lighter violet , Summers will look their best in Plum and Amethyst.
4. Key fashion looks for this season include modern tailoring, checks and stripes, animal prints, boho chic and 80’s glam. Find out which trends will work for your personal style, determined by your body shape and personality.
5. Embrace the colours that suit you, knowing the palette of colours that work with the pigments in your skin could mean going from a drained look to one that is healthy and radiant.
6. Remember confidence is the best accessory you can have.
Ali Rigden-Gray is a House of Colour Image Consultant and Colour Analyst, one of a nationwide network of consultants. If you would like to boost your confidence, save time and money or are interested in finding out your Wow colours or personal style, please go to www.houseofcolour.co.uk to find your closest consultant.
www.houseofcolour.co.uk | 07979 824929